Cursor

Old January 17th 05, 08:46 AM
rmoore

Default Cursor

When typing the cursor jumps from the end of a line to
another location in previousley typed text. Very annoying
when you have to redo it again.

Any ideas

Thanks
Old January 17th 05, 02:28 PM
TF

Is this a laptop computer? The usual reason for this is unintentionally
brushing the touchpad. By default, touchpads are set up so that tapping it
simulated a mouse click. In the setup options, there should be controls for
either desensitising the touchpad or turning off the tape to click option.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"rmoore" wrote in message
: When typing the cursor jumps from the end of a line to
: another location in previousley typed text. Very annoying
: when you have to redo it again.
:
: Any ideas
:
: Thanks

Old January 17th 05, 05:38 PM
Ken Isaacson

If a laptop, is it a Dell? I recall on one of mine where I had the same
problem, it was traced to the touchpad software/driver, and I switched to
the generic driver and that solved it.

"rmoore" wrote in message
When typing the cursor jumps from the end of a line to
another location in previousley typed text. Very annoying
when you have to redo it again.

Any ideas

Thanks

CURSOR VANISHES; TYPING STOPS Dee Microsoft Word Help 2 January 16th 05 06:12 AM
Cursor does not appear when opening word document Jeff's cursor Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 05 04:21 PM
Jumping Cursor Frager New Users 2 December 13th 04 12:33 AM
cursor postion at start up in MS word 2003 Tim Microsoft Word Help 2 December 10th 04 02:42 PM
Cursor sometimes appears small, what does this indicate? Nick Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 04 04:33 PM