Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth Kaniecki

Default How do you get the clipboard to go away forever in MO 2003?

The 2003 version of MO Word and Excel defaults to always show the clipboard.
If you select dont show automaticaly and collect w/o showing clipboard it
works while you have the docuemnt and program open. Once you close the
program and reopen the document the clipboard defaults to appearing on right
margin.

Is there a way to change the global default settings to permanently
terminate and never show the clipboard again?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

Sorry to contradict, Kenneth, but what you describe is *not* the default
behavior. It would seem that your settings are not being retained for some
reason.

Is this a new installation of the software? If not, is the problem new or
has it been going on for a while?

Try the Word HelpMenuDetect & Repair feature first to see if that will
correct the problem. If not you may have to Remove, then reinstall Office.

Regards |:)

"Kenneth Kaniecki" wrote:

The 2003 version of MO Word and Excel defaults to always show the clipboard.
If you select dont show automaticaly and collect w/o showing clipboard it
works while you have the docuemnt and program open. Once you close the
program and reopen the document the clipboard defaults to appearing on right
margin.

Is there a way to change the global default settings to permanently
terminate and never show the clipboard again?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

I'm having the same issues. My computer was recently upgraded by our IT
people to Windows XP and Office XP. I have only user-level rights. Does
this have to be changed at an *Admin* level to be permanent??!? If it
changes a setting in the registry, then quite likely yes, and I'm gonna be
fighting this for a long time!

Ed