Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Legal Lady Legal Lady is offline

Default Footers

I work in a law office and prepare Wills. There are strict formats which we
must follow relative to page numbering.

I have an unnumbered cover page (Section 1).

For my Table of Contents, I create a "next page" section break (Section 2).
How do I number this page with the format (i), (ii), etc. WITHOUT numbering
the cover page?

Now for the most confusing one: I have the body of the document. To type
this, I do a "next page" section break (Section 3). I need to number these
pages in Section 3, starting with 1. How do I "stop" the fromat from Section
2 carrying over?Back to Section 3: : On SOME of the pages I also need, to the
left of the page number, the words "Initials: ___________". The client then
places his/her initials on each page. How do I do this?

FINALLY: On the pages of the Will that have actual signature lines and
Notary blocks, I DO NOT need these "initial" spaces. And, with pagination,
the pages on which the signature lines appear can vary. (For example, in my
first draft pages 1-5 need initials, and page 6 does not; then, after
revisions, pages 1-8 need initials and page 9 does not; Final draft? pages
1-7 need initials, and page 8 does not). How can I get this all to
"automatically" change? Do I need to create a Section 4, which picks up the
page numbering, but does not have the "initial" area? What if part of
Section 4 is on the page for Section 3 after I repaginate?

HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For general principles, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm. Note that it
is not necessary to unlink header/footer sections to restart numbering or
change the number format, but it is necessary in order to leave a
header/footer blank (as in the case of your cover page).

If you were using arabic numbering from the start, you could start at 0 (so
that the second page would be 1) and enable "Different first page," then
leave the First Page Footer empty. Unfortunately, you can't start at 0 when
using roman numerals.

http://word.mvps.org

Footers Kathleen Microsoft Word Help 1 September 30th 08 10:38 PM
Footers Larry Davis Page Layout 1 November 29th 07 02:17 AM
Footers John McC Microsoft Word Help 9 November 23rd 05 04:28 PM
Footers lglbgl Microsoft Word Help 1 November 4th 05 06:35 PM