Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jimmyt jimmyt is offline

Default My Endnotes went from numbers 1,2,3,4, 5, to i, ii ,iii ,iv v.

What can I do to restore the number sequencing?

thanks anyone!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"jimmyt" wrote

What can I do to restore the number sequencing?

Anywhere in the body of the text before the first endnote do this:

Insert Reference Footnote Endnote

In "Number format" pick "1, 2, 3, ..."

Insert a dummy endnote. This will change all the others to the same format.
Then delete the dummy endnote.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you set the "Number format" to 1, 2, 3 in the Insert | Reference |
Footnote dialog?

"jimmyt" wrote in message
What can I do to restore the number sequencing?

thanks anyone!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jimmyt jimmyt is offline

"jimmyt" wrote:

What can I do to restore the number sequencing?

thanks anyone!!!

thanks Bob! Worked like a charm...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Inserting a dummy endnote should not be required. It should suffice to use
Insert | Reference | Footnote | Endnote, change the number format, make sure
the "Apply changes to" box is set to "Whole document," and then click Apply.

"Opinicus" wrote in message
"jimmyt" wrote

What can I do to restore the number sequencing?

Anywhere in the body of the text before the first endnote do this:

Insert Reference Footnote Endnote

In "Number format" pick "1, 2, 3, ..."

Insert a dummy endnote. This will change all the others to the same

format.
Then delete the dummy endnote.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus Opinicus is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote

Inserting a dummy endnote should not be required. It should suffice to use
Insert | Reference | Footnote | Endnote, change the number format, make
sure
the "Apply changes to" box is set to "Whole document," and then click
Apply.

How about that! I guess I was always hitting "Insert" rather than "Apply".
Thanks.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's one of those dialogs whose buttons change depending on your actions.
The Print dialog, for example, changes Cancel to Close if you have changed
printer in case you don't want to print immediately. Similarly, you can
change the page number format and then use Close in the Insert | Page
Numbers dialog.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote