Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbs Barbs is offline

Default how do i save email attachments in my directory?

When prompted to save an email, how can i have it so it automatically saves
to my individual directory?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"Barbs" wrote

When prompted to save an email, how can i have it so it automatically
saves
to my individual directory?

Since your subject line says you want to save "attachments" not "emails",
the way to save an attachment is to open the message containing the
attachment, right-click on the attachment line, select "Save all", and then
browse to the directory you want. Outlook Express (and hopefully other mail
programs) will remember that directory the next time you want to save
something.

Note: This is not really a Word question however I'm answering it because
you shouldn't open email attachments directly with Word: doing so is a good
way to lose them irretrievably.

HTH.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Barbs Barbs is offline

Thanks for that. I know the dangers of opening an email before saving it but
one of my colleagues (stupidly) prefers to do it that way.

Thanks again :-)