JOHN

Default how to convert MS word document into pdf format

how to convert MS word document into pdf format
Deborah

You need to have Adobe Acrobat or a similar application to pdf a file.

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Chuck Davis

"JOHN" wrote in message
how to convert MS word document into pdf format

John, If you aren't ready to lay out several hundred dollars for Adobe
Acrobat (not the Reader), you can try either of these:
http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com

erolf

The title is great, but how do I actully go about doing this on a PC? It was
a print option in word, and now I'm not sure what to do.

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Graham Mayor

There is no function in Word to do this. You need a third party application,
such as Adobe Acrobat or one of its cheaper clones to produce pdf output.
There are some alternatives linked from the favourites page of my web site.

"JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Kim Sturmer

I have read all the posts about converting Microsoft Office 2003 Word
documents into .pdfs. Does anyone have a feel for which free 3rd party
software is the best for doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kd kd is offline

"Kim Sturmer" wrote:

I have read all the posts about converting Microsoft Office 2003 Word
documents into .pdfs. Does anyone have a feel for which free 3rd party
software is the best for doing this?

Try pdf4u at http://www.pdf4u.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nycwriter nycwriter is offline

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules Jules is offline

This was the best advice...thanks for that Chuck. Although I have Adobe on my
system, it still didnt allow me to convert a word document...don't know why.
So I have downloaded the file according to your web address and "Hey Presto !"
--
J Atkins
Victoria

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"JOHN" wrote in message
how to convert MS word document into pdf format

John, If you aren't ready to lay out several hundred dollars for Adobe
Acrobat (not the Reader), you can try either of these:
http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have Adobe what? Adobe Reader does not convert files - it only reads
..pdf files. Just a viewer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"JOHN" wrote in message
how to convert MS word document into pdf format

John, If you aren't ready to lay out several hundred dollars for Adobe
Acrobat (not the Reader), you can try either of these:
http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules Jules is offline

i have adobe acrobat is what I meant to say..just short cutting my
lingo..whatever it is I can now convert my word document into a pdf thanks to
this link.
--
J Atkins
Victoria

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"JOHN" wrote in message
how to convert MS word document into pdf format
John, If you aren't ready to lay out several hundred dollars for Adobe
Acrobat (not the Reader), you can try either of these:
http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Okay. And just so you know, Acrobat cannot convert to Word. You need other
software for that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Chuck Davis" wrote:

"JOHN" wrote in message
how to convert MS word document into pdf format
John, If you aren't ready to lay out several hundred dollars for Adobe
Acrobat (not the Reader), you can try either of these:
http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jules Jules is offline

As stated earlier, I downloaded the programme from the win2pdf site, which
is also stated in a previous comment, and just rgistered it as personal use
when it asks you to pay for it. (It gives you an option). Since then i have
emailed numerous word documents with no problems. I did have a word programme
that had this feature on it automatically, but on this version it seems to
have diapperaed from the tool bar.
--
J Atkins
Victoria

"kd" wrote:

"Kim Sturmer" wrote:

I have read all the posts about converting Microsoft Office 2003 Word
documents into .pdfs. Does anyone have a feel for which free 3rd party
software is the best for doing this?

Try pdf4u at http://www.pdf4u.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Roland Roland is offline

"JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is there an answer here?

"Roland" wrote in message

"JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Sure. File - Save As, and set Save as type: to Rich Text Format (*.RTF).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Is there an answer here?

so
all may benefit.

"Roland" wrote in message

"JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

RTF PDF. But my point was that this post merely repeated the question and
did not provide an answer.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Sure. File - Save As, and set Save as type: to Rich Text Format (*.RTF).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Is there an answer here?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Roland" wrote in message

"JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Egad. I read that as rtf!

Sheesh.

They don't say what version of Word they're using. If it's Word 2007 and
they installed the free XPS/PDF, then choose File - Save As - PDF or XPS.

If it's pre-Word 2007, then PDF support isn't part of Word or Office. They
need Adobe Acrobat or something with similar functionality.

--

"Roland" wrote in message

"JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
cpahut cpahut is offline

--
cpahut

"JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
azalea azalea is offline

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have Word 2007, you can download (from Microsoft) an add-in to do
this. For previous versions, you have to have the full version of Adobe
Acrobat or one of the cheaper (or free) clones.

"azalea" wrote in message

JOHN" wrote:

how to convert MS word document into pdf format

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dhazel dhazel is offline

There appears to be a problem converting Word 2007 documents to pdf. Does
anyone know how?
--
dhazel

"kd" wrote:

"Kim Sturmer" wrote:

I have read all the posts about converting Microsoft Office 2003 Word
documents into .pdfs. Does anyone have a feel for which free 3rd party
software is the best for doing this?

Try pdf4u at http://www.pdf4u.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm using the CutePDF Writer; it is a simple converter which means that you
print to PDF, but it works fine.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kd" wrote:

"Kim Sturmer" wrote:

I have read all the posts about converting Microsoft Office 2003 Word
documents into .pdfs. Does anyone have a feel for which free 3rd
party
software is the best for doing this?

Try pdf4u at http://www.pdf4u.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Have you installed the add-on PDF converter for Office 2007?
and/or
Do you have a third party PDF creation application installed?
What happens when you try?