Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Oxbow Oxbow is offline

Default Pagination

I am using Word 2007. I am unable to number pages. Under the Insert tab, I
select Page Numberand click on the position I want. I get a grayed-out "Save
Selection as Page Number (position selected), then nothing. Can anyone tell
me what I am doing wrong?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

What you should be seeing are so-called building blocks from the page number
category. The source file, BuildingBlocks.dotx may be corrupt. Try the
following so that Word can rebuild a new file (it will, however, wipe out any
custom building blocks you may have created):

Close all Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)

Open C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Application Data\Microsoft\Document
Building Blocks\1033; this is where your version of the BuildingBlocks.dotx
is saved in XP; in Vista it is saved in: C:\Users\User
Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1033\

Delete BuildingBlocks.dotx

Open Word and the close it; Word will create a clean file

Take a few deep breaths and then open Word again

Try adding a page number

"Oxbow" wrote:

I am using Word 2007. I am unable to number pages. Under the Insert tab, I
select Page Numberand click on the position I want. I get a grayed-out "Save
Selection as Page Number (position selected), then nothing. Can anyone tell
me what I am doing wrong?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

"Oxbow" wrote:

I am using Word 2007. I am unable to number pages. Under the Insert tab, I
select Page Numberand click on the position I want. I get a grayed-out "Save
Selection as Page Number (position selected), then nothing. Can anyone tell
me what I am doing wrong?

pagination DinahCloud Microsoft Word Help 1 February 5th 07 10:04 PM
Pagination huffman Microsoft Word Help 2 January 23rd 06 03:53 PM
X ANY PAGINATION JAmie Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 05 07:27 PM
pagination kyoseller Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 05 05:29 PM
pagination kyoseller Microsoft Word Help 0 March 9th 05 01:01 AM