Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kv

Default MAIL MERGE WITH ACCESS DATA

Thanks - I'll look at that:

the transparency thing comes in when there is a background colour - you can
set the transparency to 50% so you can a bit of the background and a bit of
the background colour.

I am not sure what you mean by "text box transparencies", but I would be
using an Access Report.

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at:

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kv" nospam wrote in message
I am really struggling with this and need someone to point me in the right
direction.

Basically I am trying to merge relational data into Word and its not
working as you can't do it. Therefore I've created a query but lists 5
entries for the same person.
I have three tables: student, comments, profile.

I have tried grouping fields using the microsoft help KB294686 but that
goes horribly wrong

I am willing try anything to get this working - even VBA / xml? -
although I have better reporting tools such as crystal reports and access
they nowhere near have the same polished look of Word - I really need
text box transparencies [e.g. 50% transparent] etc. Any software
solutions would a great help!

Many thanks