Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shawn Hansen Shawn Hansen is offline

Default Routing slip fuctionality

I recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2007 and I don't find the
capability to email documents using a routing slip within Word 2007 that was
available in v2003.

Has that feature been removed from Office 2007?

If so, is there some workaround/replacement feature? We don't use that
feature a lot, but some people at my company will be quite miffed that it's
gone.

Thanks,

Shawn

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Shawn,

The 'Routing Recipient' dialog was, if I recall correctly, removed from Word 2007. The 'Send for Review' command can be added to
the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) in Word 2007 Office Button=Word Options=Customize (Alt, F, I, C) then select the 'all commands'
list and then Add the 'Send for Review' command to the QAT. Word's assumption to use this to attach a routing slip is that you're
using Outlook 2007 along with Word 2007.

===========

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shawn Hansen Shawn Hansen is offline

It looks like that just shotguns it out to everyone at once and doesn't send
it to each person - one after the other. That was a very handy bit of
functionality. What's the alternative - Sharepoint workflows?

Thanks,

Shawn

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Shawn,

Yes, the Sharepoint workflow & workgroup features are part of the Office 2007 collaboration replacement solution route MS went vs
the routing recipients dialog
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...178531033.aspx ,
in part for security, in part to help prevent 'losing' progress if someone in the chain isn't available g.
http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC102628281033

The routing slip 'bits' are still present in the Word object model, but when I've tried to use them I get a 'not supported on this
platform' message, although others with more practiced skills in the VBA area may be able to have it work

When I routed a document from Word 2003 via email and opened it in Word 2007 there wasn't an option available to then forward it on
to the next receipient.