Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thom Thom is offline

Default Initalizing Root Folders on every save Word07 - ANYBODY?

Every time I do a save, or save as, Word2007 goes into an "Intializing
root Folders" routine that takes forever, starts in my docs (which is my start
folder location) then with every drive/folder change it examines the folder &
drive and takes even more time. Sometimes I have to cancel the first attempt
and then try again before it allows me to save file. it will also do this
routine on Opening files, very annoying and time consuming - can take five
minutes to save one file! Anyone know how to change/stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Thom,

Ordinarily that dialog would only appear the first time in a session when there is one or more mapped drives that are not coming up
as active and Word is trying to locate a file, template or current printer that is set to be on a mapped/network location.

If you go to My computer and refresh the network drives and disconnect any that are not available, before starting Word do you get
the same delay?

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP