Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polygon Boss Polygon Boss is offline

Default How can I insert a pdf file into my Word document?

I am using Word 2007 and would like to insert a PDF file into a Word manual
am am trying to create.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 10:27:02 -0700, Polygon Boss
wrote:

I am using Word 2007 and would like to insert a PDF file into a Word manual
am am trying to create.

If you want to insert the text from the PDF into the Word document, open the PDF
in Acrobat Reader, select the text and copy it to the clipboard (assuming the
author hasn't locked the PDF against copying), and paste it into the Word
document.

Alternatively, you can insert the PDF file as object. For that, click the Object
button near the right end of the Insert ribbon, click the Create From File tab,
and browse to the PDF file. If the PDF is only one page, you can just click OK
to insert the object, which will behave more or less like a picture of that
page. (There is no way to display more than the first page in Word, although
double-clicking that object will open the complete file in the user's default
PDF reader program.) For a multi-page document, check the "Display as icon" box
in the dialog; again, double-clicking that icon will open the complete file in
the user's default PDF reader program.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman