Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jazzygirl

Default Red/Green Wavy Lines for editing

When I right-click on the red/green wavy lines (as I have always done), my
program shuts down! I now have office 2003 Professional. This didn't happen
with Office 98 or Office 2000. Any ideas why it's happening?

THANKS!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?amF6enlnaXJs?=,

When I right-click on the red/green wavy lines (as I have always done), my
program shuts down! I now have office 2003 Professional. This didn't happen
with Office 98 or Office 2000. Any ideas why it's happening?

Something, somewhere, is damaged. You might try going to Control Panel/Add
Remove Software, select the entry for Office 2003, then choose to "repair" the
current installation.

If that doesn't help, try renaming Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot. If you've
upgraded from a previous installation, this could be damaged and causing
problems.

If that still doesn't solve the problem, try uninstalling/reinstalling Office.
(I had a problem the other day with Access, and that's the only thing that
helped.)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jazzygirl

Thanks so much, Cindy. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the
program, and that DID solve the problem. Your answer provided other useful
info for me, though. I didn't know about the"repair" option in the control
panel.

This is almost funny, too. Since I reinstalled the program, it now takes
FOREVER to to load! And, I have a pretty fast PC! Now, I may try your
repair suggestion. If it's not one thing, it's another, right?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?amF6enlnaXJs?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Note that Detect and Repair is also available from the Help menu in Word
2003.

"jazzygirl" wrote in message
Thanks so much, Cindy. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the
program, and that DID solve the problem. Your answer provided other

useful
info for me, though. I didn't know about the"repair" option in the

control
panel.

This is almost funny, too. Since I reinstalled the program, it now takes
FOREVER to to load! And, I have a pretty fast PC! Now, I may try your
repair suggestion. If it's not one thing, it's another, right?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?amF6enlnaXJs?=,

[...]

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jazzygirl

Yas, I had already done that one. Didn't work so I uninstalled
andreinstalled. I thought maybe you were talking about another one inthe
control panel.

Maybe you know something about this: Only since I reinstalled office 2003
(though it could just be coincidence) I am now getting an error message when
I'mon AOL. It says that there is a script error, and do I want to debug.
When I go to debug it sends me to a microsoft script error debugger, but
nothing seems to change when I click OK to debug.

"jazzygirl" wrote in message
Thanks so much, Cindy. I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the
program, and that DID solve the problem. Your answer provided other

useful
info for me, though. I didn't know about the"repair" option in the

control
panel.

This is almost funny, too. Since I reinstalled the program, it now takes
FOREVER to to load! And, I have a pretty fast PC! Now, I may try your
repair suggestion. If it's not one thing, it's another, right?

Hi ?B?amF6enlnaXJs?=,