Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kkipp Kkipp is offline

Default Deleted Word Document

how do I retrieve a document I accidentally deleted in Word
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It may be in your Recycle Bin. If not, it's probably gone.

"Kkipp" wrote in message
how do I retrieve a document I accidentally deleted in Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you never saved it, there's nothing you can do.

If you deleted the file but haven't emptied your Recycle Bin, just
drag it out of your Recycle Bin.

If you emptied your Recycle Bin, DON'T TOUCH YOUR COMPUTER AGAIN until
you get "file recovery software" -- buy it from your local computer
store. It will run initially off the distribution disk so it doesn't
disturb any deleted but not yet destroyed files; after you get back
the one you're looking for, install the software properly so the next
time this happens, it's just a minor annoyance.