Gumby

Default Header does not appear on document (footer does).

How do I get a header back on a document that has disappeared? I can see the
footer but when I switch to the header there is nothing there.
Jezebel

You've accidentally deleted it. Retype it, or go back to a previous version
of the document.

"Gumby" wrote in message
How do I get a header back on a document that has disappeared? I can see
the
footer but when I switch to the header there is nothing there.

If you're viewing the document in Print Layout view, there will be no header
area (to double-click in) unless there is a header. If you still don't get a
header pane when you explicitly use View | Header and Footer, this is a
symptom of document corruption. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm