Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] adam.barrilleaux@gmail.com is offline

Default Envelope Printing Problem

I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I created a merged document for
custom envelopes (8.2 x 4.2). It looks fine on the screen and on the
print preview. But, when i print the text is shifted about 2". I
tried to print to multiple printers with the same result. i emailed
merged the file to another user running the same software and the
envelopes printed fine. i made some corrections and saved the file,
still no problem. So, i then tried to recreate the merge file on their
machine and when i tried to print that document the addresses were
shifted. So, i opened the prior docuement that worked and now it no
longer prints correctly. I am sure this is something simple. I would
appreciate any help i can get. Trying to get Christmas cards in the
mail

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

The address is inserted into a Frame that is defined in the EnvelopeAddress
style, you probably need to modify the position of the Frame by modifying
that style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I created a merged document for
custom envelopes (8.2 x 4.2). It looks fine on the screen and on the
print preview. But, when i print the text is shifted about 2". I
tried to print to multiple printers with the same result. i emailed
merged the file to another user running the same software and the
envelopes printed fine. i made some corrections and saved the file,
still no problem. So, i then tried to recreate the merge file on their
machine and when i tried to print that document the addresses were
shifted. So, i opened the prior docuement that worked and now it no
longer prints correctly. I am sure this is something simple. I would
appreciate any help i can get. Trying to get Christmas cards in the
mail

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] adam.barrilleaux@gmail.com is offline

i tried that. I removed the frame and the Address Block to see if it
had any affect and it did not. This left only the return address. If
I print out the envelope prior to merging it then it prints fine. If i
complete the merge to the printer or to a seperate file that allows me
to edit the individual envelopes the text is shifted to the right.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
The address is inserted into a Frame that is defined in the EnvelopeAddress
style, you probably need to modify the position of the Frame by modifying
that style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I created a merged document for
custom envelopes (8.2 x 4.2). It looks fine on the screen and on the
print preview. But, when i print the text is shifted about 2". I
tried to print to multiple printers with the same result. i emailed
merged the file to another user running the same software and the
envelopes printed fine. i made some corrections and saved the file,
still no problem. So, i then tried to recreate the merge file on their
machine and when i tried to print that document the addresses were
shifted. So, i opened the prior docuement that worked and now it no
longer prints correctly. I am sure this is something simple. I would
appreciate any help i can get. Trying to get Christmas cards in the
mail

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I did not say to remove the frame and the addressblock. Doing that would
produce the result that you mention. What I said was to modify the position
of the frame. But having removed the frame and the address block, you will
need to either re-insert the address block in the position that you want by
setting the indent of the paragraph in which it is located, or insert the
individual merge fields in the configuration and position that you want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

oups.com...

Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:
The address is inserted into a Frame that is defined in the
EnvelopeAddress
style, you probably need to modify the position of the Frame by modifying
that style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.