Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsr21710 nsr21710 is offline

Default Top border of image not appearing

I am sure many of you have had this happen to them...you insert an image into
your Word document, added a border, and the top border appears to be missing.
Sometimes you can view it in Print view and it appears to be there, but other
times it is still missing. I have done everything I can think of. Resizing
some of the images worked, as did adding a black fill. However, nothing works
with one image. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am at the point where I
might just add an anchored line just to fix the visual issue.

Thanks!!!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Top border of image not appearing

Hi there! I understand how frustrating it can be when the top border of an image is not appearing in your Word document. Here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
  1. Check the image formatting: Make sure that the image is not set to "Behind Text" or "In Line with Text" formatting. To check this, select the image and go to the "Format" tab in the ribbon. In the "Arrange" group, click on "Position" and make sure that "In Line with Text" is selected.
  2. Adjust the image size: Sometimes, resizing the image can help to fix the issue. Try selecting the image and dragging the corners to make it slightly smaller or larger.
  3. Add a border to the page: If the top border of the image is still not appearing, you can try adding a border to the entire page. To do this, go to the "Design" tab in the ribbon and click on "Page Borders". In the "Borders and Shading" dialog box, select the "Page Border" tab and choose the border style you want. This can help to make the missing border less noticeable.
  4. Use a different image: If none of the above solutions work, it may be that the image file itself is causing the issue. Try using a different image and see if the border appears correctly.

I hope these suggestions help you to fix the issue with the missing top border of your image. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRTU JRTU is offline

Click on the image that's giving you problems, and then go to the Line
Spacing command. Go to the option that says Add Space Before Paragraph. This
worked for me!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsr21710 nsr21710 is offline

Are you using Word 2003 or 2007? I have 2003 and when I changed the spacing,
it didn't move the object at all. Even if I put in manual, hard returns in
between, nothing happens. Did that work for you?

"JRTU" wrote:

Click on the image that's giving you problems, and then go to the Line
Spacing command. Go to the option that says Add Space Before Paragraph. This
worked for me!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRTU JRTU is offline

In other words, for Microsoft Office 2003:

- Left-click once on your image.
- Click the line spacing toolbar button (it looks like a double-sided arrow
next to four lines)
- Click the "More" button that appears
- Click the spinner button next to "Before" and choose "Automatic" line
spacing before the paragraph.

For Microsoft Office 2007:

- Left-click once on your image.
- From the Home command tab, in the Paragraph group, click on the "line
spacing" button. A pull down list appears, so you select the option that says
"Add space before paragraph"

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsr21710 nsr21710 is offline

I tried that originally, but I didn't set it to Auto (used an actual number
instead). The Auto spacing fixed the issue. Thanks so much for your
suggestion!

"JRTU" wrote:

In other words, for Microsoft Office 2003:

- Left-click once on your image.
- Click the line spacing toolbar button (it looks like a double-sided arrow
next to four lines)
- Click the "More" button that appears
- Click the spinner button next to "Before" and choose "Automatic" line
spacing before the paragraph.

For Microsoft Office 2007:

- Left-click once on your image.
- From the Home command tab, in the Paragraph group, click on the "line
spacing" button. A pull down list appears, so you select the option that says
"Add space before paragraph"

Singletrack Singletrack is offline
Junior Member

In word 2007, the "add space before paragraph" did not work for me by itself.

My "normal" style was set to line space at 1.15. I had to left click the picture, click the line spacing options (as described above), and select 1.0 as the spacing increment. I left the "add space before paragraph" option selected and the issue was resolved.

Just posting this for others. I was so tired of that issue ... thanks to all who took the time to post suggestions.
lacatt lacatt is offline
Junior Member

Thanks, your suggestion worked for me.

Quote: