Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Phippsy Phippsy is offline

Default Body text and Normal style

What is the difference between body text and Normal style? I can see that
Normal is actually a style but Body text is both a style and a level in
outlining view. Why would you use any of the body styles instead of normal
style?
Thanks
Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Glad I could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...BodyStyles.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Phippsy" wrote in message
What is the difference between body text and Normal style? I can see

that
Normal is actually a style but Body text is both a style and a level

in
outlining view. Why would you use any of the body styles instead of

normal
style?
Thanks
Debbie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bod Bod is offline

I'm a convert!
We have a large number of docs to convert from the old Normal (Normal +
After 6pt) (yes, I know!) to the new templates, so I'm relieved to find out
that pasting into the new format will adopt the styles of the new formats
with the same name.

As we will have to convert Normal to Body Text, can you suggest ways to
convert the many various styles: Normal + Indent, bulleted, numbered, etc -
when I say "turn this stuff into Body Text", it drops a lot of the additional
formatting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

An entry such as Normal + Indent (in the Styles pane) is not a style but a
style + direct formatting. Applying a style will clear direct paragraph
formatting; there isn't anything you can do about that. What you can do is
apply a style with formatting that (more or less) matches the direct
formatting previously applied to text. I'd say that this requires a lot of
manual work, determining which style to apply where. To a certain extent you
may be able to automate it by using Find & Replace to search for formatting.

~~~
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP