Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joanne Joanne is offline

Default Insert rows of information without overwriting existing rows?

I need to insert rows of information between existing rows in a table.
However, when I copy/paste from the other table, it overwrites the existing
information in the current table. How do I get it to automatically insert new
rows, without having to manually insert blank rows and then pasting the info
in?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You should be able to do it as follows:
Right-click in the first cell in the row above which you want to insert the
copied rows and select €śPaste Rows€ť.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Joanne" wrote:

I need to insert rows of information between existing rows in a table.
However, when I copy/paste from the other table, it overwrites the existing
information in the current table. How do I get it to automatically insert new
rows, without having to manually insert blank rows and then pasting the info
in?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don D.[_2_] Don D.[_2_] is offline

COPY the entire table you wish to paste (i presume from your comments you
know how to do that)

THEN.. LEFT mouseclick inside the row (put the cursor in there) JUST BELOW
WHERE YOU WANT THE PASTED TABLE TO BE . Another words, the rows you copied
and are now going to paste will insert in the row immediately above where the
cursor is

THEN... RIGHT CLICK & 'PASTE ROWS'

THE RESULT IS THE TABLE YOU COPIED WILL PASTE IN THE ROW IMMEDIATELY ABOVE
WHERE CURSOR WAS

good luck..and regards, don d.

"Joanne" wrote:

I need to insert rows of information between existing rows in a table.
However, when I copy/paste from the other table, it overwrites the existing
information in the current table. How do I get it to automatically insert new
rows, without having to manually insert blank rows and then pasting the info
in?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KJ KJ is offline

I tried but it is not working.

There are several (10) rows and formatted sections and I cannot add rows.

Help

"Joanne" wrote:

I need to insert rows of information between existing rows in a table.
However, when I copy/paste from the other table, it overwrites the existing
information in the current table. How do I get it to automatically insert new
rows, without having to manually insert blank rows and then pasting the info
in?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KJ KJ is offline

I figured it out. Go to Table then Insert then Rows

Thank you all for helping me dig deeper.