Extra space in "Name" field when merged

Old December 30th 08, 05:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mark

Default Extra space in "Name" field when merged

When I merge data into the 'name' field, the first line of the address block,
there is an extra space in front of the name. The merge is coming from Excel
and i have checked the formatting for the cells and it all appears
fine..Thanks in advance
Old December 30th 08, 06:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat

Mark,
It's recommended that you do not use the Address Block feature when using Mail
Merge. I prefer to insert each field separately, and set the spacing and
line/paragraph format.

The Address Block may be including a "Title" field, so when a record does not
have a "title", it leaves a space. If you insert the fields separately, if a
field does not have a value, the next field shifts to the left or up, and fills
in the space, where the first field would have occupied.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate