Update All Labels results in skipped labels

Old December 20th 08, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom G

Default Update All Labels results in skipped labels

I've reviewed and followed the posts suggestions on this issue but still only
the first and last rows of labels to display records. I'm using Word 2003. I
created a clean spread sheet of only 17 rows . There are no long addresses.
When I complete Select Your Data Source the first label is blank and all
others display Next Record. Then I select Arrange Labels Match Fields
and when completed the first label has Address Block in it and all the
others have Next Record.It's when I select Update all labels that only
the first and two thirds of the last row are populate with Address Block.
When I then select Preview Your Labels only the first row of labels has data.
What am I missing? I've watched Microsoft's tutorial and read your pages but
still encounter the same problem no matter what Avery label size I choose.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.
Old December 21st 08, 08:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Merge fields do not replicate in labels in a mail merge document in Word
2003 on a Windows XP Tablet PC - see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=898630
and

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old December 23rd 08, 01:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tom G[_2_]

How did you know I was using a tablet? I emailed the file to work and I was
able to create the labels without a problem. Thanks
--
Tom G

Old December 23rd 08, 09:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

This particular problem only occurs on Tablet PCs running the later
version of Windows XP Tablet edition and on Vista PCs that have tablet
functionality enabled.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk