KevinMoses KevinMoses is offline
Junior Member

Default Conditional Formatting of background and text

Greetings all

I have created a mail merge document from a spreadsheet. One of the merge fields captures Residual Risk Ratings. I am trying to create an IF statement in order to use the following conditional formatting:

Extreme (Pink shading, white text)
High (Red shading, white text)
Medium (Amber shading, black text)
Low (Green shading, black text)

I want the whole box to be shaded, not just the word.

When I hit Alt + F9 then following text is in the box:

{ MERGEFIELD "Residual_Risk_Rating_" }

Is anyone able to assist me with this?

I would really appreciate any guidance given.
Big_Al Big_Al is offline
Junior Member

Location: Bristol UK
Arrow

Unfortuantely i dont have time to provide a full answer to this, but http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm does give a fair few tips to help you on your way.
K R K R is offline
Junior Member

I want to do something sort of similar.

I want to have two documents, that all have the same text except for one word, except one doc has section 2 greyed-out and the other document has section 3 greyed-out.

I was thinking I could make a field at the top for the one word that's different ("sales" vs "engineering"), and then put conditional formatting on sections 2 and 3 so that they're black if the field contains one word and grey if the field contains the other word.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks.