Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sigr sigr is offline

Default I can't "dis-connect" Outline view from Document map

Word 2002:

When working on a large (50 pages) document, I usually have two or three
windows open on the same document. One window is Print View with a document
map so I can see how everything looks and navigate quickly. The second window
is in Outline view for getting started and restructuring my work. When I am
well on my way, I start another window in Normal view that I work in and use
the other two as references. (It sounds complicated but I have a number of
keyboard macros that let me work in one window and page the others up and
down without leaving the keyboard.)

My problem is if I am working in Outline view and need to expand or collapse
something in the Document Map. Changing the Document Map IN ANOTHER WINDOW
changes the outline I am working on!
Is there a way to stop this behavior?

Thank you,
SigR