Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Cronk Bob Cronk is offline

Default Watermark Changes Position of Text

Using Word 2003 in Windows XP Pro, I'm inserting the watermark "DRAFT" into
my multi-page document. The watermark appears on every page. After I insert
the watermark, I find that some of the text that was at the end of page 4 has
been pushed to the top of page 5 and some of the text at the end of page 5
has been pushed to the top of page 6 and so on. Is there a way to insert a
watermark without Word changing the formatting (pagination?) of my text?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A watermark is a graphic anchored to the page header. If you previously did
not have any header content, and if the header margin is the same as or
larger than your top margin, then the empty paragraph Word has inserted to
anchor the graphic to will be pushing your top margin down. Correct this by
reducing the header margin (Layout tab of Page Setup).

http://word.mvps.org