Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erisalit erisalit is offline

Default word 2007 crashes using paste command

I have just applied the September 6, 2006 technical refresh to Word 2007.
However, if I attempt to paste into a document, Word 2007 closes.
--
erisalit
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

What do you paste into Word that leads it to crash?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

"erisalit" wrote in message
:

I have just applied the September 6, 2006 technical refresh to Word 2007.
However, if I attempt to paste into a document, Word 2007 closes.
--
erisalit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erisalit erisalit is offline

Just a paragraph formated with Body Text (a standard formating). If I right
click on a field to update it it sometimes crashes also. I am using the
Tablet Pc 2003 SP2 operating system with 1 gig of memory. I have turned off
the Live Preview feature but it is too ewarly to tell if that is a
work-around.
--
erisalit

"erisalit" wrote in message
:

I have just applied the September 6, 2006 technical refresh to Word 2007.
However, if I attempt to paste into a document, Word 2007 closes.
--
erisalit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid Patrick Schmid is offline

Do you have any other Office 2007 applications installed?

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

"erisalit" wrote in message
:

I have just applied the September 6, 2006 technical refresh to Word 2007.
However, if I attempt to paste into a document, Word 2007 closes.
--
erisalit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
erisalit erisalit is offline

Yes. I have Outlook 2007 and the others that come with the Office 2007 Beta
download. I only use Word 2007 and Outlook 2007. Outlook 2007 works fine.

I have notices that it is not just the past command. However, whenever I
right click I run the risk of Word 2007 crashing. If I right click to delete
a comment, change a font, or update a field I run the risk of a crash. I am
using an IBM X41 Tablet with Tablet XP Service pack. I have the latest
drivers from IBM (Lenovo). The box has a 1.5 gig processer and 1 gig of
memory.

I guess I should change the subject to Word 2007 crashes using right click.

--
erisalit

:

"erisalit" wrote in message
:

I have just applied the September 6, 2006 technical refresh to Word 2007.
However, if I attempt to paste into a document, Word 2007 closes.
--
erisalit

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Hmm, weird issue. Can you run Office Diagnostics and Repair the Office
2007 setup (Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, Change Office 2007,
Repair)? Does that help? If not, please send me a summary of the issue
via email. You can get my email from my website. This would be something
then for MS to look at. If the two things don't resolve your issue,
please email me asap. The beta is closing very, very soon and if this a
bug that hasn't been fixed then its chances of actually being fixed
before RTM decrease significantly.

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote