Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ernst Ernst is offline

Default How do I found an earlier version of a lost Vista word doc?

We had a power spike. I lost the doc I was working on. File is now empty. No
auto recovery version came up when I switched on. How do I find it, it may
have been saved as a WRA doc or rescued, but I can not find it or earlier
version?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The chances of recovering anything are slim to none. If there was a valid
recovery file Word would have used it following the crash. If you had saved
it the last saved version would be in the location where you saved it. If
that is empty do you have the backup option set, in which case look for the
previously saved backup version.

If your electricity supply is prone to spikes and outages, get an
uninterruptible power supply.

For the future, Undelete 2009 Professional is a utility that replaces the
recycle bin and has the advantage of storing all deleted files, including
the ASD recovery files that Word saves. This has saved me from disaster on a
couple of occasions.