Erinshell

Default Can't get macro to work in 1 document but does in others

I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it macros. I
made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work in one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.
How to link or embed objects in Word

Where were the macros from? Did you create the checkbox from the Web Design
toolbar in Word? If so, did you click on Exit Design Mode before you saved
your template? That would keep it from working?
--
madamx

"Erinshell" wrote:

I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it macros. I
made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work in one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

What sort of revision? The check boxes used in such templates requi

1. The CheckIt and UncheckIt macros.

2. The CheckedBox and UncheckedBox AutoText entries.

3. MacroButton fields in the document invoking the macros.

"Erinshell" wrote in message
I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it macros.

made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work in

one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

Erinshell

The macros were already there, I merely removed an address and resaved the
file. I don't believe that the checkbox was created from the web design
toolbar. If I show the toggle field codes, they say MACROBUTTON CheckIt.

"Erinshell" wrote:

I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it macros. I
made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work in one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

Charles Kenyon

There are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in
documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do
not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these. In the case of the macros you describe, they need associated
AutoText entries. This is explained in the download.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.
"Erinshell" wrote in message
I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it macros.
made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work in
one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

Erinshell

My template has check boxes below our 3 office addresses. We now have 2
offices, so I removed the text box that had the 3rd office.

How would I tell if the requirements you listed below were done in the
document?

"Erinshell" wrote in message
I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it macros.

made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work in

one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

Charles Kenyon

Documents never have AutoText entries. They are kept in templates. The
templates can be the attached document template or a global template. Look
at the download file I referred you to earlier to see how this works.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What sort of revision? The check boxes used in such templates requi

1. The CheckIt and UncheckIt macros.

2. The CheckedBox and UncheckedBox AutoText entries.

3. MacroButton fields in the document invoking the macros.

so
all may benefit.

"Erinshell" wrote in message
I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it
macros.

made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work
in

one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

In the template, you clearly have the required MacroButton fields. For the
rest:

1. Tools | Macro | Macros: Set "Macros in" to the active template and make
sure that CheckIt and UncheckIt are there (if they're in Normal.dot or
another global template, that's okay, too).

2. Insert | AutoText | AutoText: Set "Look in" to the active template and
look for the CheckedBox and UncheckedBox entries (again, they can be in a
global template i instead).

Note that macros or AutoText entries saved in global templates will not
travel with the document template if you send it to someone else. Also,
although you can store macros in a document (though it's not a good idea),
AutoText entries can be stored only in templates.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What sort of revision? The check boxes used in such templates requi

1. The CheckIt and UncheckIt macros.

2. The CheckedBox and UncheckedBox AutoText entries.

3. MacroButton fields in the document invoking the macros.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Erinshell" wrote in message
I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it

macros.
made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to work

in
one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

Charles Kenyon

Sorry, that download file represents my best efforts at explaining. Did you
try it, with the macros enabled?
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What sort of revision? The check boxes used in such templates requi

1. The CheckIt and UncheckIt macros.

2. The CheckedBox and UncheckedBox AutoText entries.

3. MacroButton fields in the document invoking the macros.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Erinshell" wrote in message
I have several templates created that use the check it/un check it
macros.
made a revision to the template and now I can't get the macros to
work
in
one
of the templates, but they work fine in all of the others.

Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 39 April 19th 06 06:35 PM
Macro doesn't work Anna Microsoft Word Help 9 October 17th 05 10:25 PM
macro preventing document to be opened jimk Microsoft Word Help 5 July 14th 05 11:10 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Style Copying Doesn't Work John Bigelow Page Layout 5 March 2nd 05 02:35 PM