Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ErinShea

Default Replace lost fonts

My computer recently crashed, and I had to re-install everything, including
my Office XP. When I completed installing and updating, I had very few fonts
listed in Word. I tried to add them using the Control Panel, but the fonts
there are also very limited. I'm specifically looking for my
calligraphy-style fonts so that I can create layouts for my wedding
invitations, response cards, and programs. Please help!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Does http://www.gmayor.com/where_are_my_fonts.htm fit the bill? If not you
will have to reinstall the missing fonts from wherever you obtained them.

ErinShea wrote:
My computer recently crashed, and I had to re-install everything,
including my Office XP. When I completed installing and updating, I
had very few fonts listed in Word. I tried to add them using the
Control Panel, but the fonts there are also very limited. I'm
specifically looking for my calligraphy-style fonts so that I can
create layouts for my wedding invitations, response cards, and
programs. Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ErinShea

Unfortunately that doesn't help...The fonts that I lost were compatable with
this printer (hpdeskjet 940c). I still use the ThinkPad A30 that I got fall
2003 from Wake Forest University; I'm wondering if the extra fonts just
weren't available from the software re-install disks we were given...The
programs that I reinstalled are Windows XP and Office XP and I thought these
products had a larger range of fonts that came with the programs inately.
Was I wrong??

ErinShea wrote:
My computer recently crashed, and I had to re-install everything,
including my Office XP. When I completed installing and updating, I
had very few fonts listed in Word. I tried to add them using the
Control Panel, but the fonts there are also very limited. I'm
specifically looking for my calligraphy-style fonts so that I can
create layouts for my wedding invitations, response cards, and
programs. Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To see what fonts come with Microsoft applications, see
http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/default.aspx. But most HP printers
(especially DeskJets) do come with a slew of fonts, which will be on the
install CD.

ErinShea wrote:
My computer recently crashed, and I had to re-install everything,
including my Office XP. When I completed installing and updating, I
had very few fonts listed in Word. I tried to add them using the
Control Panel, but the fonts there are also very limited. I'm
specifically looking for my calligraphy-style fonts so that I can
create layouts for my wedding invitations, response cards, and
programs. Please help!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

There are SCADS of free fonts available on the web.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ErinShea" wrote in message
My computer recently crashed, and I had to re-install everything,
including
my Office XP. When I completed installing and updating, I had very few
fonts
listed in Word. I tried to add them using the Control Panel, but the
fonts
there are also very limited. I'm specifically looking for my
calligraphy-style fonts so that I can create layouts for my wedding
invitations, response cards, and programs. Please help!!

Fonts are in Fonts folder, lost to Word & Access Gordon Jones Microsoft Word Help 3 May 23rd 08 02:07 PM
Lost Fonts Skip Microsoft Word Help 2 March 12th 06 05:55 PM
We lost our product key code, will Microsft replace it? raphine1 Microsoft Word Help 2 March 7th 06 06:55 AM
Lost Fonts Unicorn65 Microsoft Word Help 4 February 27th 06 05:11 AM
Lost fonts alleycat Microsoft Word Help 2 November 19th 05 03:49 PM