Love Bite

Default I would like to know how to edit and return a document highlighti.

I am a secondary school teacher and would like to be able to edit students
document that are emailed to me and return them with the corrections
highlighted. this would give them the opportunity to accept the changes and
return the papers for a final grade.
Aelfgifu

There is a feature in Word called "track changes" that visually highlights
any corrections that have been made in the document.

It can be a little strange when you first see it & use it, but there is a
toolbar that allows the next person viewing the file to 'accept' or 'reject'
changes.

You don't say what version of Word you're using - be aware that changes are
displayed quite differently in later versions of Word than in earlier
versions (sorry I don't recall offhand when it changed), but I suspect you
will have better results if you and your students all use the very same
version of Word.

"Love Bite" wrote:

I am a secondary school teacher and would like to be able to edit students
document that are emailed to me and return them with the corrections
highlighted. this would give them the opportunity to accept the changes and
return the papers for a final grade.

Daiya Mitchell

For more on track changes, see he
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

As Aelfgifu said, version makes a difference. I tried doing this as a
teacher a couple of times and decided I didn't like it. One, the track
changes method encouraged me to rewrite instead of flag problems, and if
students can just "accept" the change, then they aren't learning how to fix
it. Two, I had to spend too much time telling students how to use it, and
making sure they saw all my comments. Are you sure all your students
actually have Word, also? They can send you documents you can open even if
they have WordPerfect.

I have been returned papers where the teachers just typed their comments in
all caps right into the text, and I think that works quite well, and have
done it myself. I have also used the Highlight function (should be on the
formatting toolbar) to highlight typos, spelling errors, etc.