Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Nagler Michael Nagler is offline

Default How do I transfer fonts to another computer?

I have a rare old font that I want to use in a new computer. Unfortunately
my version of Word is defective so that I don't have 'options' under 'tools'
and can't see where my files are stored! I also don't know if the font will
transfer as a file or if it has to be installed in some way.

Thanks for help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming it was part of another program, install the old program on the new
computer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Michael Nagler" Michael wrote in message
I have a rare old font that I want to use in a new computer. Unfortunately
my version of Word is defective so that I don't have 'options' under
'tools'
and can't see where my files are stored! I also don't know if the font
will
transfer as a file or if it has to be installed in some way.

Thanks for help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Michael Nagler wrote:
I have a rare old font that I want to use in a new computer.
Unfortunately my version of Word is defective so that I don't have
'options' under 'tools' and can't see where my files are stored! I
also don't know if the font will transfer as a file or if it has to
be installed in some way.

Thanks for help!

It doesn't matter whether you can see Word's folder assignments. All your
font files should be in C:\Windows\Fonts. Using Windows Explorer, find the
file that holds your old font and copy it to the same place on the new
computer.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman