Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Fabricator Fabricator is offline
Junior Member

Default Problems with caption numbers when replacing pictures

Using Word 2003, I am working on a 70 page document that has about 40 inserted graphics. The document was translated into another language; I need to replace existing graphic files with files of images that contain the new language.

When I replace a picture I get a new, additional caption that is numbered. If I remove the one I don't want, the other one does not change numbers and all the rest of the numbers remain ratcheted up.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a way to make this work? Otherwise it appears I will have to manually change the numbers as I go. Using update or F9 does not seem to work.

Thoughts???? Help!!!!