Keeping 2 words together on same line

Old August 20th 09, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pierre B.

Default Keeping 2 words together on same line

How do I keep and force 2 words to stick together on the same line - i.e.
$500 dollars?
Old August 20th 09, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Pierre B. wrote:
How do I keep and force 2 words to stick together on the same line -
i.e. $500 dollars?

Replace the space character with a nonbreaking space (Ctrl+Shift+spacebar).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old August 20th 09, 05:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg

Use non-breaking spaces (Ctrl+Shift+Spacebar) instead of normal spaces. See:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...tSpecChars.htm.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

Old August 20th 09, 05:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Jay and Lene have told you how to insert a nonbreaking space, but note that
you don't need "dollars" if you've used a dollar sign ($), and vice versa.

http://word.mvps.org