Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjg8869 mjg8869 is offline

Default Spellchecking Bookmarks in Word

I have searched the Microsoft web site over and every piece of literature I
can find and no where am I able to find an explanation why bookmarks are
apparently not a part of spellchecking a document. Could someone please
provide me with a source for the reason and a workaround if there is one.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

mjg8869 wrote:
I have searched the Microsoft web site over and every piece of
literature I can find and no where am I able to find an explanation
why bookmarks are apparently not a part of spellchecking a document.
Could someone please provide me with a source for the reason and a
workaround if there is one.

Thanks.

You won't find it because bookmarks have no effect on spell checking.

Perhaps by "bookmarks" you really mean text form fields? In that case, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm for a
solution.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjg8869 mjg8869 is offline

Thank you - but this didn't correct the misspellings in any of the Text Form
Fields (which appear in the bookmark list). Very frustrating. My users have
docs riddled with spelling errors because they were not caught on typing and
now they are unable to run spell check to find them all.

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

mjg8869 wrote:
I have searched the Microsoft web site over and every piece of
literature I can find and no where am I able to find an explanation
why bookmarks are apparently not a part of spellchecking a document.
Could someone please provide me with a source for the reason and a
workaround if there is one.

Thanks.

You won't find it because bookmarks have no effect on spell checking.

Perhaps by "bookmarks" you really mean text form fields? In that case, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm for a
solution.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjg8869 mjg8869 is offline

I did some further digging into this site and found an entry made by Graham
Mayor back in March of 20008 as shown below. A genius - it worked perfectly!

Subject: add spellcheck in a locked form 3/11/2008 11:54 PM PST

By: Graham Mayor In: microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is a simple form without separate sections in which you simply want
to check the field entries, you can simplify the code to the following -
adding your password between the quotes at the two locations indicated.

The error you are experiencing suggests you have not added the
CheckProtectedSection routine listed on the quoted page.

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

If you want to spell check a form, then the user of the form must have
access to the macro, which can be saved in the form template the user's
normal.dot template, or the document itself, but if saved in the document
there are macro security implications which could render it unavailable to
many users. You can either run it from a toolbar button or on exit from a
field the user will tab out of.

Sub SpellCheckForm()
Dim i As Integer
Dim bProtected As Boolean

'Unprotect the file
If ActiveDocument.ProtectionType wdNoProtection Then
bProtected = True
ActiveDocument.Unprotect Password:=""

End If

'check each formfield for spelling