jrazzi jrazzi is offline
Junior Member

Default How do I insert a picture in my document?

Hello Forum,

I have a very specific problem.
To wit -- I'm writing a manuscript for a Graphic Novel and I would like to insert a 'picture' on each page of the manuscript that will show how the panels will be laid out for the illustrator to follow.

So I have finsihed the art for the panel layouts for each page with PAINT and saved them in "my pictures", but I can't figure out how to insert each one into a very specific place in the manuscript.

For instance, if we're talking an 8 1/2" by 11" manuscript page, I would like the panel layout art to about a 1" wide and appear at the very top and right hand margins of the page.

Right now, when I try to insert a picture of one of the panel layouts into my document, the top of the image is cut off. Is this because I have to specify a certain size in the "properties" option in PAINT?

Thanks for any help; will be real happy to have it.

__Jim
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you insert a picture into your document it's going into a
specific paragraph (unless you use "frames"), so you need to go to the
Paragraph panel and be sure your Line Spacing is set to anything
except Exactly for that particular paragraph -- and also that in your
Word Options, the box for "Don't add extra space ..." is not checked.
(It isn't likely that it _is_ checked.)

--
jrazzi

jrazzi jrazzi is offline
Junior Member

[quote=Peter T. Daniels;493864]When you insert a picture into your document it's going into a
specific paragraph (unless you use "frames"), so you need to go to the
Paragraph panel and be sure your Line Spacing is set to anything
except Exactly for that particular paragraph -- and also that in your
Word Options, the box for "Don't add extra space ..." is not checked.
(It isn't likely that it _is_ checked.)

Thanks much Peter,
Although I didn't do "exactly" what you said, your reply helped me figure out
how to go about it and now it works perfectly.
Thanks again

__Jim