Gary R Smith Gary R Smith is offline
Junior Member

Default Inherited from 2003 - How to Fix?

I have inherited a template from Word 2003.

It includes a string of text along the right edge of the page that reads: "Printed copies are uncontrolled unless stamped "Controlled Copy".

I don't know how this was added to the Word 2003 file and I don't know how I can edit it in Word 2007.

Any suggestions about what I should be looking at would be appreciated.

It doesn't appear to be a "watermark" and there is no special right/left page formatting. It is not selectable.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One possibility is that it's a text box or a frame anchored in a
header or footer.

--
Gary R Smith

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And, in that case, you can double-click the header to activate the
header/footer view, and then you can select and delete the object.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote:
I have inherited a template from Word 2003.

It includes a string of text along the right edge of the page that
reads: "Printed copies are uncontrolled unless stamped "Controlled
Copy".

I don't know how this was added to the Word 2003 file and I don't know
how I can edit it in Word 2007.

Any suggestions about what I should be looking at would be appreciated.

It doesn't appear to be a "watermark" and there is no special right/left
page formatting. It is not selectable.

--
Gary R Smith

Gary R Smith Gary R Smith is offline
Junior Member

You guys are good!

That's what it is!

I thought about that possibility on the way home last night and was going to try it this morning, but checked here first. Just double clicked the header with the page zoomed out and low and behold, my side text is now active/selectable!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm glad you got it sorted, and thanks for the follow-up!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP