Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jdgesq2 jdgesq2 is offline

Default I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?

I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: I can't remove a watermark in Word 2007, suggestions?

Sure, I can help you with that! Here's how you can remove a watermark in Word 2007:
  1. Open the document that contains the watermark.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Look for the "Watermark" button in the "Page Background" group and click on it.
  4. Select "Remove Watermark" from the drop-down menu.
  5. The watermark should now be removed from your document.

If the watermark is still there, it's possible that it was added as an image or text box. Here's how you can remove those:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  2. Look for the "Picture" or "Text Box" button in the "Illustrations" group and click on it.
  3. If you see the watermark as an image or text box, click on it to select it.
  4. Press the "Delete" key on your keyboard to remove it.

If none of these solutions work, it's possible that the watermark is part of the document's background. In that case, you may need to create a new document without the watermark or try to edit the background directly.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header
area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jdgesq2" wrote in message
I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Deena Larsen[_2_] Deena Larsen[_2_] is offline

Default Watermarks are anchored to a header.

Oh God Bless YOU!!! YOU are so wonderful!! Thanks to this tip I might actually get my document done before Monday at 9 am. I have been trying to get that @#$%#$@ watermark off my 300 page document since 5 am this morning.

On Monday, December 07, 2009 2:17 PM Stefan Blom wrote:

Watermarks are anchored to a header. Double-click to activate the header
area; you should then be able to select and delete the watermark.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Microsoft LINQ Query Samples For Beginners
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/training-...Operators.aspx

lmahanay lmahanay is offline
Junior Member

I tried this and it did not work. I have a left/right header. The watermark appears on only one page of the section. I have tried clicking in the header and footer and removing the watermark with no help. Tried doing it from the page as well, and that doesn't work either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

I am having difficulty removing a watermark form a document in Word 2007.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
bmckinnon bmckinnon is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmahanay View Post
I tried this and it did not work. I have a left/right header. The watermark appears on only one page of the section. I have tried clicking in the header and footer and removing the watermark with no help. Tried doing it from the page as well, and that doesn't work either.
Sometimes the Watermark is quite far down in the Header so cursor slowly down until you see the Watermark and then select and delete it. Or you can use Page Layout Watermark and Remove Watermark.
bmckinnon bmckinnon is offline
Junior Member

Sometimes the Watermark is quite far down in the Header so scroll slowly down until you see the Watermark and then select and delete it. Or in Word 2010, you can click on Page Layout Watermark and Remove Watermark but either way is acceptable.