Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rick[_4_] Rick[_4_] is offline

Default Prevent line of asterisks from turning into a bullet line?

I often type a line of 20 or so asterisks to act as an informal
section divider in my text. As soon as I hit Enter, though, Word 2007
turns it into a line of bullets. How can I prevent that? Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Proofing
category, click the AutoCorrect Options button. On the AutoFormat As You
Type tab, clear the "Border lines" option. You may also want to clear
"Automatic bulleted list" and "Automatic numbered lists" options. When you
are done, click OK twice.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Rick" wrote in message
I often type a line of 20 or so asterisks to act as an informal
section divider in my text. As soon as I hit Enter, though, Word 2007
turns it into a line of bullets. How can I prevent that? Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the previous answer doesn't do it for you, then read
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...tRidOfLine.htm. The only update
for Word 2010 is that you get to the AutoCorrect Options through File |
Options | Proofing.

http://word.mvps.org

"Mark Forstater" wrote in message
[...]

Angharad07 Angharad07 is offline
Junior Member

Angry

I followed the instructions to the letter. It did not work! I closed MSWord & then reopened. It still will not stop changing asterix to a bullet point.
Please send any further suggestions. This is ludicrous! Why won't this stop???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan Blom[_3_] View Post

"Rick" wrote in message
I often type a line of 20 or so asterisks to act as an informal
section divider in my text. As soon as I hit Enter, though, Word 2007
turns it into a line of bullets. How can I prevent that? Thanks.
Angharad07 Angharad07 is offline
Junior Member

Angry

[quote=Angharad07;497803]

I followed the instructions to the letter. It did not work! I closed Word & then reopened. It will not stop changing asteririsks to a bullet point.
Why won't this stop??? Please send any further suggestions.