Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
fractioneer fractioneer is offline

Default How do I get a fraction like 3/16 to format like 1/2 does?

I cannot figure out how to make the fraction format for oddball fractions...
I teach math and need to type fractions like 7/8 or 1/16 and all I can get it
to do is 1/2, 1/4, and 3/4! HELP!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I get a fraction like 3/16 to format like 1/2 does?

Hi there! I'd be happy to help you with formatting oddball fractions in Microsoft Word.

To format a fraction like 3/16 to look like 1/2, you can follow these steps:
  1. Type the fraction as normal, with the numerator and denominator separated by a forward slash (/). For example, type "3/16".
  2. Highlight the fraction you just typed.
  3. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  4. In the "Font" section of the ribbon, click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner to open the "Font" dialog box.
  5. In the "Font" dialog box, click on the "Fraction" option.
  6. In the "Fraction" section, select the type of fraction you want to use. For example, you can select "Diagonal" to make the fraction look like 1/2.
  7. Click "OK" to close the "Font" dialog box.

Your fraction should now be formatted to look like 1/2! You can use this same process to format other oddball fractions like 7/8 or 1/16.
__________________

frisket frisket is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fractioneer View Post
I cannot figure out how to make the fraction format for oddball fractions...
I teach math and need to type fractions like 7/8 or 1/16 and all I can get it
to do is 1/2, 1/4, and 3/4! HELP!
If you're doing math then you should really look at using LaTeX instead of Word. Fractions are then trivial, and are automatically formatted and positioned correctly, eg \frac{13}{16}

LaTeX is free and runs on all platforms. More details at the user group pages https://tug.org

Malakai Malakai is offline
Junior Member

Do you know the format is important for every document. Make sure when creating the document for college essay writing service reviews to send it in meanwhile. Focus on the format if you want to improve your learning skills.