Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Deborah Deborah is offline

Default Printing a banner longer than 22"

Word seems to be set so that you can not have a continous printing document
longer than 22". This is driving me nuts as I have a sheet I need to print
that is 33" long. I have the continous paper, but it won't let me change the
formatting. Any clues?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Deborah" wrote:
Word seems to be set so that you can not have a continous
printing document longer than 22". This is driving me nuts
as I have a sheet I need to print that is 33" long. I have the
continous paper, but it won't let me change the formatting.
Any clues?

Hi Deborah,

Word is definitely limited to 21" (or was it 22"? not sure).
I've never had a printer that allowed to print on continuous paper, but
maybe you can create the doc at say half the size (width) and then use the
"zoom" in the Print dialog to blow it up to twice the width (and length)?

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You cannot do it with Word. I believe that you can with Publisher.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Deborah" wrote in message
Word seems to be set so that you can not have a continous printing
document
longer than 22". This is driving me nuts as I have a sheet I need to
print
that is 33" long. I have the continous paper, but it won't let me change
the
formatting. Any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Most printers that has continuous paper capabilities limits it to 44".

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Deborah" wrote in message
Word seems to be set so that you can not have a continous printing document
longer than 22". This is driving me nuts as I have a sheet I need to print
that is 33" long. I have the continous paper, but it won't let me change the
formatting. Any clues?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Deborah,

In addition to MS Office Publisher, you should also be able to create the banner in MS Office Excel, if you do not have Publisher,
provided that your printer has the capability to print banners.

============
"Deborah" wrote in message ...
Word seems to be set so that you can not have a continous printing document
longer than 22". This is driving me nuts as I have a sheet I need to print
that is 33" long. I have the continous paper, but it won't let me change the
formatting. Any clues?
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

samanthaevans samanthaevans is offline
Junior Member

Klaus is correct. Try to zoom it in Word and if it doesn’t work, go to Publisher. If still nothing happens, you should ask SLB Printing to help you out. I’m no expert to advice you, but I hope this helps.