Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default "Upgrade" to 2007

I work in document control in a company of about 850 people. We have all been
using Office 2003 and Windows XP Professional. The IT department has
announced plans to begin phasing in new computers loaded with Office 2007.
The phase-in will be gradual -- probably over a period of two or three years.

We have some 2,000 procedures, plans, reports, and other documents that need
to be updated fairly regularly. We also have about 1,000 company forms, which
are accessed as Word templates on a server. Everybody in the company needs to
be able to open a form and fill it out (or fill it in -- take your pick).

Can anybody tell me what kind of compatibility problems we can expect, and
what we should do to minimize incompatibility problems?

Thanks,

Fred

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Impossible to say without knowing a lot more about the make-up of your
forms, but if you work in Word 97-2003 format and don't change the templates
to dotm format until everyone is working on 2007, you may only have to make
minor adjustments to some macros.
Ensure that those supporting the system have access to both Word 2003 and
2007. If that is to be on the same platform, see -
http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm .

You will probably find
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm useful - and later
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Ribbon.htm