Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate Kate is offline

Default "Word is finishing analyzing your document"

I work with large legal documents. Word 2003 is CONSTANTLY finishing
analyzing my document. It does it every ten seconds or so, forcing me to
push esc three times before it quits, and I can't continue working while it's
doing this. It is extremely frustrating. I have tried checking and
unchecking everything mentioned in previous questions. Several mentions have
been made of Adobe products. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, Adobe Reader
8, and then something called AdbeRdr811_en_US. Please help me solve this
problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

AdbeRdr811_en_US is Adobe Reader.

I don't know which "previous questions" you're referring to so......did this
just start? What changes have you made just prior to this problem occuring?
Is there some sort of message that pops up? If so, what does it say?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kate" wrote in message
I work with large legal documents. Word 2003 is CONSTANTLY finishing
analyzing my document. It does it every ten seconds or so, forcing me to
push esc three times before it quits, and I can't continue working while
it's
doing this. It is extremely frustrating. I have tried checking and
unchecking everything mentioned in previous questions. Several mentions
have
been made of Adobe products. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, Adobe
Reader
8, and then something called AdbeRdr811_en_US. Please help me solve this
problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I keep having the tantalizing feeling that the answer to this was ultimately
found, but when I google it, I see the same results you're probably
referring to (many of them earlier posts of mine). Several readers had
mentioned various PDF-making add-ins (PDF Complete and PDFMaker.dot are
among those mentioned), and another got success when s/he totally disabled
Smart Tags. Another uninstalled Adobe Elements.

"Keep track of formatting" was probably a red herring, but one user did
write, "The message normally happens when I use 'Select All X Instance(s)'
in the 'Styles and Formatting' right-hand panel, but has happened on
occasion randomly. What happens is the above message will appear, and then
tables in the document have their style overwritten by an auto-generated
style." The last part suggests that "Automatically update document styles"
might be implicated.

"Kate" wrote in message
I work with large legal documents. Word 2003 is CONSTANTLY finishing
analyzing my document. It does it every ten seconds or so, forcing me to
push esc three times before it quits, and I can't continue working while
it's
doing this. It is extremely frustrating. I have tried checking and
unchecking everything mentioned in previous questions. Several mentions
have
been made of Adobe products. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, Adobe
Reader
8, and then something called AdbeRdr811_en_US. Please help me solve this
problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate Kate is offline

I am working with strictly text, no tables. "Automatically update document
styles" has always been cleared. I have now cleared "Keep track of
formatting." Hopefully that will help. If I pause in my typing for
approximately five to ten seconds it starts analyzing. Could it have
something to do with the length of my documents? This one is approximately
500 pages. I started having this problem around page 400.

"Kate" wrote in message
I work with large legal documents. Word 2003 is CONSTANTLY finishing
analyzing my document. It does it every ten seconds or so, forcing me to
push esc three times before it quits, and I can't continue working while
it's
doing this. It is extremely frustrating. I have tried checking and
unchecking everything mentioned in previous questions. Several mentions
have
been made of Adobe products. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, Adobe
Reader
8, and then something called AdbeRdr811_en_US. Please help me solve this
problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate Kate is offline

Previous questions I referred to are in this discussion group forum. I work
with large documents. The current one is approximately 500 pages. The
problem started around page 400. No, I did not change anything. The message
at the bottom of the document indicates "Word is finishing analyzing your
document." I am then unable to proceed until it finishes. If I pause for
approximately five to ten seconds it begins to analyze.

"Kate" wrote in message
I work with large legal documents. Word 2003 is CONSTANTLY finishing
analyzing my document. It does it every ten seconds or so, forcing me to
push esc three times before it quits, and I can't continue working while
it's
doing this. It is extremely frustrating. I have tried checking and
unchecking everything mentioned in previous questions. Several mentions
have
been made of Adobe products. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, Adobe
Reader
8, and then something called AdbeRdr811_en_US. Please help me solve this
problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I can't help feeling it's due to an add-in of some kind. You might try
starting Word in Office Safe Mode* to see if the problem persists. I've
worked on documents of more than 600 pages (full of graphics, footnotes,
etc.) and never seen this message.

*Press CTRL while starting Word. If you get a message box asking about Safe
Mode, agree to it.

"Kate" wrote in message
I work with large legal documents. Word 2003 is CONSTANTLY finishing
analyzing my document. It does it every ten seconds or so, forcing me
push esc three times before it quits, and I can't continue working
while
it's
doing this. It is extremely frustrating. I have tried checking and
unchecking everything mentioned in previous questions. Several
mentions
have
been made of Adobe products. I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6, Adobe
Reader
8, and then something called AdbeRdr811_en_US. Please help me solve
this
problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Suzanne,

As I recall it usually turns out to be an add-in, and the add-in may confuse Word's conversion/application of add-ins routines.

For one person it was a Dymo labelwriter add-in that were in the Word startup folder

AddrFixr.dot and
Dymo Label Writer Add-in.dot

For another person it was uninstalling the 'PDF Complete' product and another uninstalling Adobe products.

The 'Word is finishing analyzing your document" doesn't appear to be in any of the files in the current version of either the PDF
Complete or Dymo Label Writer software add-ins. But, that text is part of the MS Office file WordCnvr.dll

The only KB article where it shows up is from having a version mismatch of the conversion files.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message ...
[...]

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP