Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eandreassen eandreassen is offline

Default "{" characters appearing in footers

Hi,

I was working with a 100+ page document, and adjusting the headers/footers
and associated section breaks, when Word added in a "{" character to the
right of the page numbers. This appears on the odd-pages, which are at the
right-side of the footer. The even pages are fine.

Any idea as to how I can get rid of this? If I delete the odd page number,
the character goes away. Also, if I turn on the option to view format
characters, there's a faint box around the character, making it look like
it's in some soft of table cell.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you in Word2007? Did you add your page numbers by clicking a
"building block"? One of them, for some reason, gives you the brace as
decoration.

When you show the Field (Shift-F9), do you see a bracket character
(likely preceded by a backslash) inside the field brackets? If so,
delete that bracket character (and its backslash).