Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Austruck Austruck is offline

Default Can't insert page numbers

I'm using Office Enterprise 2007 (under XP SP2 right now, ready to upgrade to
Vista soon). I was using the beta version so I am somewhat familiar with the
new features and placement.

But, ever since installing the full program, I've had trouble inserting page
numbers. The options are often grayed out under Top of Page or Bottom of
Page. I tried going through Header and Footer, but those page number options
are grayed out too.

What has happened to my page numbering options?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

For some reason, it seems to be common that the Building Blocks file
is corrupted. Most often this seems to happen to people who had the
beta versions, but not always.

Delete the file from your profile and restart Word to have it make a
new one. Details are under "Fixing Building Blocks" at
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:37:10 -0800, Austruck
wrote:

I'm using Office Enterprise 2007 (under XP SP2 right now, ready to upgrade to
Vista soon). I was using the beta version so I am somewhat familiar with the
new features and placement.

But, ever since installing the full program, I've had trouble inserting page
numbers. The options are often grayed out under Top of Page or Bottom of
Page. I tried going through Header and Footer, but those page number options
are grayed out too.

What has happened to my page numbering options?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Austruck Austruck is offline

Worked like a charm! THANK YOU!!

P.S. I love all the 2007 MS products so far. Very classy.