Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judith W

Default Why do I jump to the top of the document when I scroll backwards?

Why do I jump to the top of the document when I scroll backwards? It does
not happen in all documents--just some. It happens whether I scroll
backwards line-by-line or page-by-page using my mouse and the vertical scroll
bar.

It also does not appear to happen from all points in the document--just some.

It has become VERY frustrating!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

What version of Word are you using and how are you scrolling? Are you
using a wheel mouse? Keyboard? Scroll bar? How large is the document?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Judith W" Judith wrote in message
Why do I jump to the top of the document when I scroll backwards?
It does
not happen in all documents--just some. It happens whether I scroll
backwards line-by-line or page-by-page using my mouse and the
vertical scroll
bar.

It also does not appear to happen from all points in the
document--just some.

It has become VERY frustrating!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Judith W

Default Why do I jump to the top of the document when I scroll backwar

Word 2003
Using the mouse button in the scroll bar (click)...not utilizing the wheel
The current document is only 69 pages...edited much larger & smaller docs
and this has not happened before. It just started recently...

"Beth Melton" wrote:

What version of Word are you using and how are you scrolling? Are you
using a wheel mouse? Keyboard? Scroll bar? How large is the document?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Judith W" Judith wrote in message
Why do I jump to the top of the document when I scroll backwards?
It does
not happen in all documents--just some. It happens whether I scroll
backwards line-by-line or page-by-page using my mouse and the
vertical scroll
bar.

It also does not appear to happen from all points in the
document--just some.

It has become VERY frustrating!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton

First see if the same issue occurs when you start Word in Safe Mode.
Exit Word and hold the Ctrl key as you start Word. Keep the Ctrl key
held down until the prompt to start in Safe Mode displays.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/