Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve66 Steve66 is offline

Default Insertion point vanishes without warning in Word

When I am typing, if I break off to work something out the insertion point
will often vanish from the screen and the point I reached has to be reclicked
before the programme will accept more text.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Steve,

When I am typing, if I break off to work something out the insertion point
will often vanish from the screen and the point I reached has to be reclicked
before the programme will accept more text.

It's quite likely some other application window has received the focus in the
meantime. Perhaps your mouse clicked outside Word, or if you're using a laptop
with a touchpad the mouse pointer may have moved and you hit the touchpad
without realizing it. It's also possible you have some kind of third-party
software running in the background that's "stealing" the focus when it notices
your machine is "resting", in order to perform some task scheduled to run when
nothing else is going on.

In any case, I doubt the problem is with Word.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)