Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sherra Sherra is offline

Default print merge fields in the header?

When printing a merged document from a database, I loose the information in
my headers and footers that pulls from the database. The main document is
fine and prints well. But the headers and footers resort to the chevron merge
fields. Please advise.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The header and footer is a transient area that runs through the document,
whereas the records themselves relate only to the page on which they appear,
so mergefields in the header are unlikely to work. You should however be
able to reproduce information from the page into the header using Styleref
fields.

Sherra wrote:
When printing a merged document from a database, I loose the
information in my headers and footers that pulls from the database.
The main document is fine and prints well. But the headers and
footers resort to the chevron merge fields. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sherra Sherra is offline

Can you explain the Styleref field comment further? I think this might be
exactly what i need.

Sherra wrote:
When printing a merged document from a database, I loose the
information in my headers and footers that pulls from the database.
The main document is fine and prints well. But the headers and
footers resort to the chevron merge fields. Please advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Styleref repeats the content of the first (or last) content of a paragraph
on a page, to which an identified style has been applied. It is documented
in Word help!