Ivonne S

Default Mail merge

Hi,
I am doing mail merge with a data source in excel, I have the address all in
one line (street name, town, city) and I have to put the address in three
lines in may word document.
Does anyone can help?

--
Ivonne
Peter Jamieson

The simplest approach is to split your address into three columns in Excel.
There are other possibilities, but they are probably all harder.

Are your "one line" addresses always in the same format, e.g. literally

street name, town, city

?

(e.g.

1 High Street, Didsbury, Manchester

)

If so you can split it up by using several extra columns in Excel with
formulae roughly as follows (this is probably slightly more complicated than
you need but I'm playing safe).

For the example, tet's assume your spreadsheet has two columns and your
street, town, city combination is in column B and that there are /always/
two commas in it. Create the following columns starting with Column C,
create these formulae in row two, then propagate them to the other rows in
the sheet. I'm not a regular Excel user so may not be suggesting the best
approach for this.

Column name: Formula
STREET: =LEFT(B2,SEARCH(",",B2,1)-1)
TOWNCITY: =MID(B2,SEARCH(",",B2,1)+1,LEN(B2))
TOWN: =LEFT(D2,SEARCH(",",D2,1)-1)
CITY: =MID(D2,SEARCH(",",D2,1)+1,LEN(D2))

Peter Jamieson