Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Igor$ Igor$ is offline

Default Flickering when Header contains Textbox or Table

Word template that I use contains a small table. Another template has a text
box and company logo (imported from bmp or jpg).

Both templates work fine as long as there are no tables in the main body of
text. Once the tables are inserted they start flickering and turning lines or
cells to black, or showing garbage characters. Problem disappears after
screen is refreshed (print preview, scrolling up/down or similar).

I use MS Word 2003 but seen it in last 3-4 years. I tested it on 4 different
computers from Gateway, HP and Compaq.

How to get rid of this flickering? Any help is welcome. Thanks - Igor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Igor$ Igor$ is offline

Thanks for answering, however, it must be something else since auto resizing
under table properties/ options is already turned off.

"Igor$" wrote in message
Word template that I use contains a small table. Another template has a

text
box and company logo (imported from bmp or jpg).

Both templates work fine as long as there are no tables in the main body

of
text. Once the tables are inserted they start flickering and turning lines

or
cells to black, or showing garbage characters. Problem disappears after
screen is refreshed (print preview, scrolling up/down or similar).

I use MS Word 2003 but seen it in last 3-4 years. I tested it on 4

different
computers from Gateway, HP and Compaq.

How to get rid of this flickering? Any help is welcome. Thanks - Igor

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Occasionally, if the dimensions are just so, it is possible for there to be
a conflict between the relative positioning of objects in the text layer of
a document and objects in the drawing layer which Word doesn't quite manage
to resolve. This usually tends to happen with tables and framed page numbers
in footers but can happen in other situations. Without seeing a document
it's difficult to advise but you may be able to slightly adjust the size and
/ or position of your graphics to resolve the issue.

--
Enjoy,
Tony