Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JGS JGS is offline

Default my resume can't be opened how do I convert it prior to sending it

I am trying to send my resume via email but it can not be read by the
receivers. They have asked me to change the format to word document. I don't
know how to do this and I have been saving it into word pad but when I save
the file only rich text or some other stuff comes up but it does not say
word.. help i need a job -( what am i doing wrong ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JLatham JLatham is offline

Tom Willett asked what format it is currently in. If you are not sure,
either just double-click the file to open it and tell us what application it
opens in. Or give us the full filename, including the 'dot' part, as .pdf,
..doc, .docx, .rtf, etc.

"JGS" wrote:

I am trying to send my resume via email but it can not be read by the
receivers. They have asked me to change the format to word document. I don't
know how to do this and I have been saving it into word pad but when I save
the file only rich text or some other stuff comes up but it does not say
word.. help i need a job -( what am i doing wrong ??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you send your recipients an .rtf file, they should not have any problem
opening it using Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible