Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chad Chad is offline

Default Word shrinks font when doc is protected?

I built a bill of sale form with lots of places to fill out vehicle specific
info. I used tables to have areas that could be filed out by someone. I added
text form fields in the tables I want the person to fill out. The idea was to
protect the document so they could only fill out the places I designated with
text form fields and not mess with the rest of the text on the page. Well I
have this really big table with the price in it. I think I set the font to 22
or something, anyway everytime I protect the doc. and fill out the grey box
it shrinks the font down to like 12 or so. When I ad the text form field I
get a really large grey box like it is the right size, but when I protect the
doc and begin to type it shrinks it down. If I delete all the text I just
typed the grey box pops back up in the large size again. I have checked the
table properties, the text properties(I couldn't find a font size option) and
am out of ideas. What do you guys think?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

With the form unlocked, Press ALT+F9 format the field as you wish it to
appear and add a charformat switch inside the brackets eg {REF Fieldname
\*Charformat}. Lock the form.

chad wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chad Chad is offline

Mr. Mayor,
Thank you for the help. However, it just went way past my pay grade. I
am not familiar with alt+f9 and brackets. And I thought I was really cooking
using tables! I emptied the table I want formatted and tried alt+f9 and your
example in it and protected it and it didn't work. I tried the alt+f9 and
your example inside the grey box of text form fields and it didn't work. I
even googled it and read where I only have to format the first letter of the
first word or something but I am lost here. I wonder if I could beg you to
please explain step by step how to do this in my table. Can I send the form
to you? I don't think I have explained what I want very well. I think if you
were to see what it is doing then you would understand. Please.

Thanks for the help,
Chad
ibuy (at) windstrea m dot net

chad wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Send the document to the link on my web site.
It is only neccessary to format the first letter of the field, but
formatting *all* the field covers that.