Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slcctracy slcctracy is offline

Default How do I alphabetize labels

I would like to type 200 addresses and would like to be able to alphabetize
them as I add and delete addresses. How can I do this?
Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Simon Jones [MSDL] Simon Jones [MSDL] is offline

Type the addresses in a table.
Word 2007: Table Tools | Layout | Sort
Previous versions: Table | Sort...

Simon Jones

"slcctracy" wrote:

I would like to type 200 addresses and would like to be able to alphabetize
them as I add and delete addresses. How can I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

If you don't have some sort of a database, they will end up being sorted by
whatever the very first word is on your labels. That could mean that Mr.
Stanley Smith comes before Acme Printing.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"slcctracy" wrote in message
I would like to type 200 addresses and would like to be able to alphabetize
them as I add and delete addresses. How can I do this?
Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm then

Word will not automatically sort anything. You will have to maintain the
data file and sort that as you add and remove entries before merging the
revised data.